Special Offers – Purchase a Memorial Trophy and/or Medal Display
Worn-out footwear is one of the main causes of injury for many underprivileged athletes. Thus, PUMA is working together with LoveShoes.TW which is a donations platform spearheaded by many of Taiwan’s national athletes that collects running shoes for underprivileged track and field athletes. To complement their efforts, the 2016 PUMA Night Run will be offering, for the first time, the “PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy” and the ”PUMA Medal Display” for purchase. Participants will have the opportunity to purchase one or both items and. At the same time, each purchase has the potential to affect positive change in people’s lives by passing on kindness and encouragement. Through your purchase and donations, you can help underprivileged athletes obtain a pair of professional running shoes. For the 2017 PUMA Night Run, let kindness and altruism serve as the impetus for making a positive impact on society. Join PUMA in igniting hearts and passion as we run through the streets of our beautiful cities.
PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy
[ Special Offer Price: 1,000 NTD ]
▪ Offer Details：
In the eleven years of the PUMA Night Run, this is the first time a Memorial Trophy will be offered. The trophy is decorated with attractive 3D visual designs and LED glow-in-the-dark features to give the runner an overall enjoyable experience. With your added purchase of this trophy, you can create new memories and break new records while helping others at the same time. The proceeds from the purchases will go on to support underprivileged athletes in Taiwan.
▪ Item Description：
(1) Sole: Diameter of 116mm/ Thickness of 40mm/ Wire length of 150/ White
(2) Lighting: Switchable between red or white lighting
(3) Acrylic: 130mm x 150mm (H x W) / Thickness of 6mm (170mm with the sole)
(4) Lettering: 20mm x 60mm (H x W) / Gold and black
PUMA Medal Display
[ Special Offer Price: 1,000 NTD ]
▪ Offer Details：
This is first time the PUMA Night Run will be offering this special Medal Display. The display is made of stainless steel hairline materials which makes the display highly rust and corrosion-resistant. The medal display will last for years to come and serve as a physical testament to your accomplishment in the race. The display also serves as the physical representation of the “Forever Faster” concept. With your added purchase, you could pay it forward to underprivileged athletes in Taiwan and help them get closer to fulfilling their dreams of one day attaining victory on the track and field.
▪ Item Description：
(1) Material: Stainless steel
(2) Dimensions: 30cm x 9.5cm
(3) Thickness: 3mm
Added Purchase/Donation Details：
Further Information on Special Offers
- For those who have already successfully signed up for the event, the aforementioned PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy and the PUMA Medal Display can be purchased at special prices.Please refer to the registration section on the PUMA Night Run website. Purchases can only be made within the registration period (11/18 – 12/02).
- During the registration period, the profits from the purchase(s) of the PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy and/or Medal Display will be used to buy running shoes and running gear which will then be donated to the LoveShoes.TW project.
- These offers are only available to those who have successfully registered for the 2017 PUMA Night Run. Those who wish to purchase these items must have been successfully selected in the lottery selection process. If you have been selected, please proceed to the lottery selection registration webpage to make your purchase(s). Both the registration fee and the payment(s) for your purchase(s) can be submitted together before the payment deadline.
- Purchases for the memorial items are limited to one of each item per person.
- The PUMA Medal Display purchase will be delivered along with other event-related materials and items through the check-in process selected by the participant.
- Purchases of the PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy will be delivered within a month after the event via postal mail. Those who have selected to purchase this item must fill out their personal information accurately.
- If participants of the 21K Elite Run Group Race desire to purchase a PUMA Night Run Memorial Trophy, please contact the event organizer (Suzico LTD. Play Sports Studio 02-2503-9333#27 email@example.com).
- Please refer to the event website for all the latest information on these added purchases.
Campaigns aiming to collect donations of nearly new running shoes to help impassion other runners is becoming increasingly popular. When you’re buying new running shoes, are you worried that you won’t have any more room on your shoe rack? There’s a solution! If you are willing to donate your older pair of nearly new running shoes to LoveShoes.TW, they will help find new owners for your donated shoes.
LoveShoes.TW is a platform spearheaded by Taiwan’s national athletes that collects donations of running shoes. LoveShoes.TW aims to collect professional running shoes to give to underprivileged track and field athletes in Taiwan. The kindness behind the donations will motivate those less fortunate to keep on running.
LoveShoes.TW Official Web Blog
LoveShoes.TW Official Fan Page
About the Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Research Foundation
Liver Disease is a national concern for Taiwan and needs our attention
The Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation was founded in 1994. Throughout the years, it has received support and assistance from altruistic people in society. Step by step, the Foundation held many liver disease screenings and prevention education forums throughout Taiwan. The Foundation is the very first volunteer organization to be comprised of professional hepatologists. It was also the first to set up a 0800 hotline for liver disease consultations.
Liver disease is a national concern in Taiwan. The number of Hepatitis B carriers in Taiwan is 15 to 20% of the adult population which is approximately three million people. Chronic hepatitis C patients take up 2 to 5% of the adult population which is around four to six hundred thousand people. Liver cancer is ranked second in the top ten fatal cancers in Taiwan. According to the statistics from the National Health Administration, around one hundred thousand people in Taiwan die every year from liver cancer, which is around one person dying from liver cancer every forty-four minutes. The Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation primary missions are to educate the public and develop new treatments for liver-related conditions. The Foundation strives to disseminate accurate information on liver disease and raise awareness in the general public through multiple channels. In addition, it also provides free liver disease screenings in the remote parts of the country. All of this is done in hopes that one day liver disease will no longer be a national concern, and the people of Taiwan will be able to live happier lives.
GOT and GPT are not enough when caring for your liver
The liver is a silent organ, so to speak. The liver does not have any nerve endings which make early stages of liver disease difficult to detect. Chronic hepatitis patients who do not get regular check-ups will not detect problems with their liver in time. When symptoms finally appear, the disease may have already advanced to its latest stages and may be fatal. Thus, in order to protect the health of your liver, you should first get a blood test to see if you have contracted Hepatitis B or C. A complete liver check-up must involve blood tests, as GOT and GPT tests alone will be insufficient. Tests for alpha-fetoproteins (AFP) must also be conducted .It is recommended that patients with Hepatitis B or C go to a treatment center every six months for check-ups. In addition to blood tests, tests for hepatitis viral loads and abdominal ultrasounds are also strongly recommended.
Take Advantage of the Free Liver Disease Screenings at the PUMA Night Run
Continuing the setup from 2016, the Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation will continue working with PUMA in the 2017 PUMA Night Run event to raise awareness of issues regarding liver disease and prevention and call upon everyone to take the issues of liver health seriously. There will be booths set up at the event. All are welcome. Please stop by.
A. Liver Health Advising and Consultations：
There will be medical professionals present at the booth to provide free health consultations. The participants can obtain information on liver health and liver care free of charge (i.e. hepatitis/liver cancer prevention pamphlets, the Foundation’s newsletters) to share with family and friends. It is imperative to understand the importance of maintaining a healthy liver.。
B. Donations Booth：
The donations booth will have a charity sale of books on liver health, such as Maintaining a Healthy Liver is Easy: Everything You Need to Know about Liver Health, A Refresher on Liver Health: Q&A, Celebrity's Successful Stories Against Liver Diseases. Those who donate 350 NTD or more at the venue will receive a PUMA LED shoe clip set (quantity is limited). All proceeds from the donations booth as well as the Love Run will be given to the Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation so that they can continue to fund their campaigns for liver disease prevention. All are welcome to contribute.
C. Free Liver Screening Station：
We invite all participants to get their free liver screenings. Registration for this service is required and spots are limited. The screening encompasses the following items:
▪ Hepatitis B Virus surface antigen
▪ Hepatitis B Virus surface antibodies
▪ Anti-Hepatitis C Virus
▪ Liver Cancer Screening (alpha-fetoproteins)
▪ Test for Liver Function (GOT; GPT)
▪ Abdominal Ultrasound for liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, and spleen
Just a Friendly Reminder
The free liver screening service will open for registration at each station respectively. There is a total of 250 available spots:
▪ Taipei Station: 150 spots open (registration opens at 16:30 until spots are filled)
▪ Kaohsiung Station: 100 spots open (registration opens at 16:30 until spots are filled)
Another Friendly Reminder
Medical professionals will be present at the liver screening stations and can provide consultation services on the participant’s test results. The test results will also be sent to each of the participants. If there are additional follow-ups required, the medical professional will let you know.
Free Liver Health Consultation Hotline: 0800-000-583
The Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/liverhealth
The Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Foundation’s Official Website: http://www.liver.org.tw/